Crisalis International employs a small number of key, highly experienced staff. The company is owned and operated by Dr Chris Barber, and mainly works in collaboration with associate consultants and researchers from Australia and overseas.
Dr Chris Barber
Director and Principal Consultant
Crisalis International Pty Ltd
Dr Barber has been involved with research and consultancies on groundwater quality issues for over 25 years and has published
extensively on these topics over this time in international journals and conferences. He has carried out a number of short-term
consultancies in Australia, China, Thailand, Vietnam and in Malaysia.
Qualifications and Professional Affiliations
- BSc Hons (Geology) University of Manchester, 1967.
- PhD University of Leicester, UK, 1971.
- Member of the Australian Institute of Company Directors, 1998 - 2003
- Member, International Association of Hydrogeologists, 1985-present
- Member, American Geophysical Union, 1984-present
Crisalis has developed or is developing MoUs with the following consulting groups which have complementary interests and skills:
- Australian Groundwater Technologies Pty Ltd www.agwt.com.au
- CVI Pty Ltd, Melbourne, Australia
- GHD Pty Ltd (Perth) www.ghd.com.au
- Tangent Environmental Engineering Corporation (TEEC), Taiwan
Crisalis also has MoUs and established linkages with research groups in:
- Centre for Groundwater Studies (Flinders University, Curtin University, UWA)
- National Central University, Junli, Taiwan
- Chiang Mai University, Thailand
- Lanzhou Jaitong University, Lanzhou, Gansu Province, PR China
- CSIRO Land and Water
- University of South Australia, Centre for Information Technology, Engineering and Environment